Terms and Conditions
This Website contains material which is owned or licensed to ALOR International Ltd. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, data, format, images and graphics and no copy or reproduction is allowed other than in accordance with the terms of our Copyright policy below. Please be aware that any unauthorized use of this Website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offense.
The Website may include links to other websites which we feel could be of specific interest to you. However we do not endorse any of these or any other website and we hereby specifically exclude any responsibility for the content of any linked websites or the consequences of logging on to those websites. If you elect to click on any link you assume full responsibility for any and all consequences given that we have no control whatsoever over any of these linked websites.
If ALOR is shipping to an international location outside of the United States, customer is responsible for all duties and taxes incurred by the purchase in their Country. It is the customer’s responsibility to clear the product via their Country’s customs procedures.
If an item is received as a gift with purchase, it must accompany any associated return for purchaser to receive full credit.
The information contained in this Website is for general information purposes only and is subject to change without notice. While we make every effort to keep the information current and accurate at all times, we specifically make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the Website or the information, products, images or content on the Website for any purpose whatsoever. By using the Website, you hereby agree that you understand that such all the data, images or information on this Website may contain some inaccuracies or errors and your use thereof is entirely at your own risk. Therefore, any reliance placed on such information, product or images, is strictly at your own risk and consequently, ALOR International Ltd will not assume any liability, under any circumstances, for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising out of, but not limited to, any loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this Website or any other consequence thereof. Additionally, ALOR International Ltd, its affiliates, officers, directors, advisors, licensors or service providers will not accept any liability, including for negligence, for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive or consequential damages that result from your use of or inability to use the Website, mistakes, omissions, interruptions, deletion of files or electronic mail, loss of or damage to data, errors, defects, viruses, delays in operation or transmission, or any failure of performance, communications failure, theft, destruction or unauthorized access to the Website. You hereby acknowledge that this provision will apply whether or not ALOR International Ltd is given notice of the possibility of such damages and that this provision will apply to all content, merchandise or services that may be available from time to time on the Website. The limitation set forth in this section shall apply even if any exclusive remedy in this agreement fails its essential purpose.
By using this Website, you agree and acknowledge that any intellectual property displayed on the Website, including, but not limited to, ALOR International Ltd’s jewelry and watch designs, text, graphics, logos, images, audio clips, digital downloads, and data compilations and other information and any third party intellectual property is the sole and exclusive intellectual property of ALOR International Ltd or its Licensor, who has licensed such intellectual property to ALOR International Ltd and shall not be copied, reproduced, displayed, used, sold or otherwise distributed without the express prior written consent of ALOR International Ltd. ALOR International Ltd hereby grants you a license to access and use the intellectual property solely in accordance with these terms and conditions. The Website, the intellectual property, and any other information on the Website are provided solely for your personal, noncommercial use, including the online purchase of the merchandise depicted, and for no other purpose. Under no circumstances may you, except with our prior express written consent, which consent may only be authorized by the Chief Executive Officer of ALOR International Ltd, copy, distribute or commercially exploit the content or transmit it other than as specifically allowed on the Website or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
We regard your privacy as a matter of serious respect. We will not share your name, email address or personal information with any outside party. When purchasing from ALOR®, we protect the information you send from your computer to our e-commerce system. This information — including your credit card number, name, and address — is encrypted using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software. Internally, we use encryption and Web security technologies to protect the privacy of your personal data. Only parties responsible for processing your order have access to your credit card and bank information. We may request personal information, including your name, shipping address, telephone number, e-mail address, billing address, credit card number, and expiration date. ALOR® collects that information in order to:
- Process an order
- Verify your identity for payment authorization
- Contact you regarding your order status
- Ship your order to you
- Enter you in a sweepstakes (if you request)
- Send you news from ALOR
All online orders made with a credit card and requested to be shipped to an address that differs from the billing address of the credit card used will require further verification consisting of a copy of the credit card used (front and back), a copy of the card holders ID and a signature of consent.
Returns and Exchanges
ALOR prides itself on customer satisfaction and we want you to be completely satisfied with every purchase. However, if you are not satisfied with your purchase for any reason whatsoever, we will provide a full refund or exchange (less any shipping charges) when the Return or Exchange is accompanied by the original sales receipt. Please note that any return or exchange must be made within thirty (30) days of the date of delivery and must be returned unworn in the original condition with the security tag intact and all the original packaging. For any promotional or sale merchandise, returns or exchanges must be made within ten (10) days from date of receipt. Shipping charges from the original purchase are not refundable and shipping and insurance costs on the return or exchange will be at your expense.
Any special order or non-stock size of any item is a final sale and cannot be returned for a refund or credit.
We will not accept any merchandise that has been worn, used, scratched or damaged in any way or where the security tag has been removed on specific merchandise. Additionally, any custom or special orders and any merchandise that has been modified or altered in any way cannot be returned or exchanged. Failure to follow the specific Return or Exchange conditions below, will result in the request for the Return or Exchange being denied.
Online purchases may not be returned or exchanged at any ALOR boutique or at any ALOR dealer or shop-in-shop in any department store but must be shipped back to the address indicated below after you obtain the required Return Authorization. Please note that the return and exchange policy of ALOR boutiques is not subject to the online policy and store policies are available by inquiring at any ALOR boutique.
Easy-to-follow instructions for returning/exchanging merchandise are included with each shipment. Every effort will be made to ensure a prompt refund or exchange and an email notification will be sent once the return/exchange has been processed.
What Information We Gather Through the Site
ALOR International Ltd gathers two basic types of information through the Website:
- Aggregate Information. When you visit and interact with the Website, we and third parties with whom ALOR International has contracted to provide services to ALOR International Ltd, may collect anonymous information, from which an individual cannot be identified, from these three sources:
- Server Log Files. Your Internet Protocol (IP) address is an identifying number that is automatically assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). This number is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever you visit the Website, along with the time(s) of your visit(s) and the page(s) that you visited. We use the IP addresses of all Visitors to calculate Website usage levels, to help diagnose problems with the Website’s servers, and to administer the Website. We may also use IP addresses to communicate or to block access by Visitors who fail to comply with our Terms of Service. Collecting IP addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is carried out automatically by many websites.
- Pixel Tag. Also known as a clear GIF or web beacons, a pixel tag is an invisible tag placed on certain pages of our website but not on your computer. When you access these pages, pixel tags generate a generic notice of that visit. They usually work in conjunction with cookies, registering when a particular computer visits a particular page. If you turn off cookies the pixel tag will simply detect an anonymous visit.
How We Use the Information You Provide
If you provide us with your personal information either online or at any one of our boutiques, ALOR International Ltd will use this information to process and communicate with you about any online order you place, to keep you informed of our special events or promotions and to administer our Website services. We may also use this personal information to send you information on third party products which we think may be of interest to you. At any time you may request the details of the personal information which we have on record for you by sending a letter to ALOR International Ltd., Attention: Online Manager at the address listed in the “Contact Us” section below. If you believe that any of your personal information that we have on file is incorrect or incomplete, please provide us with the correct information by letter to the same address and we will make every effort to correct the information as soon as possible.
Do We Share Your Information With Others?
ALOR International Ltd does not sell, rent or disclose our customer’s names, addresses, email addresses or any other personal information to any other non-ALOR entity. We will not, under any circumstances, disclose your information to any third parties, unless we are required to do so by law or in connection with a legal claim or proceeding. If ALOR International Ltd is acquired by another entity or is merged or consolidated at any time, information about ALOR International Ltd.’s customers may be made available to the new entity but we will require that this entity agree to protect the confidentiality of your personal information completely consistent with this Policy prior to allowing them any access to your personal information.
ALOR International Ltd uses appropriate security measures to protect the information you provide to us. However, while we take reasonable steps to protect this personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure, you accept that no Internet data transmission can be guaranteed to be secure from access by unintended recipients and agree that you will not hold us responsible for any breach of security. Please do not provide any personal information if you do not fully agree with these terms and conditions.
Accuracy and Retention
You are entitled to request access to and correction of all personal data you provide us, or to remove your name from our records at any time by contacting our customer service at 888-205-6919, by email at email@example.com or by letter to the address indicated in the “Contact US” section below. If you are registered on this Website and would like us to remove you from our communications list, please uncheck the “Subscribe” box.
ALOR International Ltd and its U.S. controlled subsidiaries (collectively, “ALOR”, “we”, “our” or “us“) respect your privacy. This Privacy Shield Notice (“Notice“) describes our standards and procedures for handling Personal Information transferred from the European Economic Area (“EEA“) and Switzerland to the U.S. in accordance with ALOR’s obligations under the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks.
ALOR has subscribed to and will adhere to the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks by adopting and implementing the Privacy Shield Principles (“Principles“). More information about the Privacy Shield can be found at www.privacyshield.gov. Our Privacy Shield certification can be found at www.privacyshield.gov/list.
For the purpose of this Notice, “Personal Information” means any data relating to an identified or identifiable individual, including, for example, name, address, telephone number and e-mail address, and “processing” means any operation performed on Personal Information, such as, for example, collection, use, management, consultation or disclosure. This Notice supplements our ALOR Privacy Statement. Unless specifically defined in this Notice, the terms in this Notice have the same meaning as in our Privacy Statement. In case of conflict between this Notice and the Principles, the Principles will govern.
HOW WE OBTAIN PERSONAL INFORMATION
We obtain and process Personal Information from the EEA and Switzerland in different capacities:
- As a data controller, we collect and process EEA and Swiss Personal Information directly from individuals, either via our publicly available websites, including www.alor.com, or in connection with our customer, partner, and vendor relationships.
- As an agent (as that term is used in the Principles), we obtain and process EEA and Swiss Personal Information on behalf of and under the instructions of our customers in connection with cloud services ALOR provides (“Cloud Services“), such as Personal Information stored by customers using our OpenShift Online offering. In that context, customers are the data controllers or agents and the roles and responsibilities of the parties for the processing of Personal Information are defined in our agreements with customers.
ALOR commits to comply with the Principles with respect to all Personal Information received from the EEA and Switzerland in reliance on the Privacy Shield.
PRIVACY SHIELD PRINCIPLES
- Notice ALOR’s Privacy Statement in combination with this Notice describes our privacy practices with respect to Personal Information received from the EEA and Switzerland in reliance on the Privacy Shield.
- Choice When providing our Cloud Services, our customers choose the types of Personal Information we process and the purposes of the processing. Accordingly, our customers are responsible for providing notice to individuals. In the event Personal Information is (i) to be used for a purpose that is materially different from the purposes for which the Personal Information was originally collected or subsequently authorized, or (ii) transferred to a third party acting as a data controller, individuals will be given, where practical and appropriate, an opportunity to opt out of having their Personal Information so used or transferred where it involves non-sensitive information. Where such use or transfer involves sensitive information, individuals must opt-in before such use or transfer.
- Data Integrity and Purpose Limitation Any Personal Information we receive may be used by ALOR for the purposes indicated in our ALOR Privacy Statement or as otherwise notified to you. We will not process Personal Information in a way that is incompatible with these purposes unless subsequently authorized by you.
We take reasonable steps to limit the collection and usage of Personal Information to that which is relevant for the purposes for which it was collected, and to ensure that such Personal Information is reliable, accurate, complete and current. Individuals are encouraged to keep their Personal Information with ALOR up to date and may contact ALOR as indicated below or in the ALOR Privacy Statement to request that their Personal Information be updated or corrected.
We will retain your Personal Information in an identifiable form only for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in the ALOR Privacy Statement, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law or by the Principles. We will adhere to the Principles for as long as we retain the Personal Information collected under the Privacy Shield.
When providing our Cloud Services, we process and retain Personal Information as necessary to provide our services as permitted in our agreement with customers, or as required or permitted under applicable law.
- Accountability for Onward Transfer of Personal Information ALOR may transfer Personal Information for the purposes described in the ALOR Privacy Statement to a third party acting as a data controller or as an agent. If we intend to disclose Personal Data to a third party acting as a data controller or as an agent we will comply with, and protect, Personal Information as provided in the Accountability for Onward Transfer Principle. When providing our Cloud Services we disclose Personal Information as provided in our agreement with customers.
We remain responsible for the processing of Personal Information received under the Privacy Shield and subsequently transferred to a third party acting as an agent if the agent processes such Personal Information in a manner inconsistent with the Principles, unless we prove that we are not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
- Security ALOR takes reasonable and appropriate precautions, taking into account the risks involved in the processing and the nature of the Personal Information, to help protect Personal Information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
- Access Where appropriate, individuals have reasonable access to their Personal Information and may request corrections, deletions, or additions where the Personal Information is inaccurate or has been processed in violation of the Principles. We may limit or deny access to Personal Information where providing such access is unreasonably burdensome or expensive under the circumstances, or as otherwise permitted by the Principles. You may request access to your Personal Information by contacting us as described below.
When providing our Cloud Services, we only process and disclose the Personal Information as specified in our agreements with customers. Our customer controls how Personal Information is disclosed to us and processed, and how it can be modified. Accordingly, if you want to request access, or to limit use or disclosure of your Personal Information, please contact the company to which you submitted your Personal Information and that uses our Cloud Services. If you contact us with the name of our customer to which you provided your Personal Information, we will refer your request to that customer and support them in responding to your request.
- Recourse, Enforcement and Liability ALOR has established procedures to periodically verify implementation of and compliance with the Principles. ALOR conducts an annual self-assessment of its practices regarding Personal Information intended to verify that the assertions ALOR makes about its practices are true and that such practices have been implemented as represented.
In case of disputes, individuals are able to seek resolution of their questions or complaints regarding the processing of their Personal Information in accordance with the Principles. If an individual feels that ALOR is not abiding by this Notice or is not in compliance with the Principles, he or she should first contact ALOR at the contact information provided below.
If an issue cannot be resolved through ALOR’s internal dispute resolution mechanism, you may submit a complaint to JAMS, which provides, at no cost to you, an independent third-party dispute resolution option based in the U.S. To contact JAMS and/or learn more about the company’s dispute resolution services, including instructions for submitting a complaint, please visit here. For residual complaints not fully or partially resolved by other means, you may be able to invoke binding arbitration as detailed in the Principles available here.
ALOR is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (“FTC”).
Amendment This Notice may be amended consistent with the requirements of the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks. When we update this Notice, we will also revise the “Last Updated” date at the top of this document.